Research Areas:(2) Panda S.S., Singh A.K., Pal S.K., Chakraborty D., Drill Wear Monitoring Using Back Propagation Neural Network, Journal of Material Processing Technology (2006), 172, 283–290.
Tool condition monitoring, Soft Computing, Metal Cutting and Machining, DOE, RSM , Non conventional machining, Applications of Soft Computing for Modeling and Optimization of Manufacturing Processes and Systems, Evolutionary algorithm
(1) Panda S.S., Singh A.K., Pal S.K., Chakraborty D., Predicting drill wear using an artificial neural network, International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology (2006), 28, 456-462.
(3) Panda S.S., Chakraborty D., Pal S.K., International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology, Monitoring of drill flank wear using fuzzy back propagation neural network, (2006), 34, 3-4, 227-235
(4) Panda S. S., Chakraborty D., Pal S. K.,Flank wear prediction in drilling cast iron using Back Propagation neural network and radial basis function network, Journal of Applied Soft Computing (2008),8, 858-871
(5) Panda S.S., Chakraborty D.,Pal S.K.,Drill wear prediction using different neural network architectures, J. of KBIS, IOS Press (Netherlands), 2008, Vol. 12, No. 5-6, 327-338
(6) S S Panda, S S Mahapatra, PCA fused NN approach for drill wear prediction, Journal of Machining and Forming Technologies, NOVA, 2010, Vol. 2, Issue 3-4
(7) S S Panda, S S Mahapatra, On-line Multi- response assessment using Taguchi and Artificial Neural Network, International Journal of Manufacturing Research, Inderscience, 2010, Vol. 5, No 3, 305-326
(8) S S Panda, D Ghose, P C Swain,Prediction of water table depth in western region, Orissa using BPNN and RBFN neural network, Journal of Hydrology, 2010,Vol. 394, Issues 3-4, 296-304,
(9) S S Panda, S S Mahapatra, Machinability Study on Reinforcement E-glass fiber (multi-filament) Composite Pipe Using Carbide Tool, Int. J. of Materials Engineering Innovation,Inderscience, Publishing House
(1) Panda S.S., Chakraborty D., Pal S.K., Prediction of drill flank wear using radial basis function neural network, Presented and delivered in National conference on Soft computing technique in engineering application (2006), Rourkela.(2) Panda S.S., Online monitoring of hole qualities and cutting tool condition using Intelligent Technique, Presented in National Conference on Quality, Reliability and Maintainability aspect in Engineering systems (2007), NIT Hamirpur.
(4) S S Panda, S S Mahapatra, Parametric Optimisation of Multi-response Drilling Process using Grey based Taguchi Methods, AIMS Int. Conf., Noida, New Delhi, 2008
(5)S S Panda, D Ghose, P C Swain, Sedimentation load analysis using ANN and GA, MIMT, Singapore, 2011